The process of reaffirming accreditation for Miami University is led by Dr. Carolyn Haynes, Associate Provost and Professor of English. The “Open Pathways” option for reaccreditation calls for ongoing collection of data and the creation of short narratives that are combined into one assurance argument. Each narrative of the assurance argument focuses on one of the core components of each of the five accreditation criteria.
The accreditation process is guided by a small Accreditation Steering Team, which oversees the process for applying for reaccreditation and the means of collecting needed data for accreditation and other evaluation purposes on an ongoing basis.
Accreditation Steering Team Membership:
- Carolyn Haynes, Chair and Associate Provost
- David Ellis, Associate Vice President, Finance & Business Services
- Denise Krallman, Director, Office of Institutional Research
The steering team consults regularly with the University Assessment Council on all matters relating the reaffirmation of accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission. The University Assessment Council provides input on all materials and data created as part of the Open Pathways process.
The Council Membership:
- Renee Baernstein, Associate Dean, College of Arts & Science
- Andrea Bakker, Associate Director, Institutional Research
- Brooke Flinders, Associate Dean, College of Liberal Arts & Applied Science
- Diane Delisio, Associate Dean, College of Engineering & Computing
- Gwen Fears, Associate Dean of Students, Student Affairs
- Janice Kinghorn, Assessment Coordinator, Farmer School of Business
- Cheryl Irish, Assessment Coordinator, College of Education, Health & Society
- Eric Resnis, Assessment Coordinator, University Libraries
- Sherrill Sellers, Associate Dean, College of Education, Health & Society
- Rich Taylor, Director, Liberal Education
- Rose Marie Ward, Director, Center for Teaching Excellence
- John Weigand, Associate Dean, College of Creative Arts