The Summer Scholars Program provides a rich, early college experience for academically-talented rising high school juniors and seniors from across the globe. Students will join an engaged community of learners for an intense, two-week program in which they do the following:
- Participate in challenging, immersive academic modules centered on a specific topic or area of interest.
- Learn alongside our leading faculty and professional experts.
- Reside in a "living-learning" community with other Summer Scholars participants and get a real preview of college life — live in a residence hall, eat in our award-winning dining halls, and enjoy campus facilities such as our Recreational Sports Center and Goggin Ice Center.
- Attend special workshops on topics such as the college admission process and financial assistance. Get an insider's look at the college application process — learn about ACT/SAT test preparation, how to find the right college fit, how to write the best college essay, as well as get an introduction to financial aid and scholarships.
- Participate in special excursions to local attractions, such as Kings Island, and a Dayton Dragons game.
- Receive priority consideration for merit scholarships and for selection to top programs such as the University Academic Scholars Program, and the University Honors Program.
The 2017 Summer Scholars Program will take place during two sessions:
July 2-14, 2017
July 16-28, 2017
Submit your Summer Scholars Program application by May 1. Rolling admission begins April 15.
For program cost information, please view the Summer Scholars Program Fees.
If you have questions about the Summer Scholars Program, please contact us by email at summerscholars@MiamiOH.edu or by phone at 513-529-2531.