VA Education Benefits Request Form

Military members salute during the dedication of the  Alumni Veterans Tribute

Students using the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33), the Montgomery GI Bill® (Chapter 30 or 1606), Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31), Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35), or Reserve Educational Assistance (Chapter 1607) are required to submit the VA Education Benefits Request Form to use their VA benefits every semester. Students receiving VA benefits will receive priority registration.

If you are classified as a non-resident student and have 100% Post-9/11 GI Bill® eligibility, you may qualify for the Yellow Ribbon program. Yellow Ribbon scholarships are limited and made available on a first come, first served basis per VA regulations. Please contact the One Stop (Oxford students) or Center for Veterans Services (Regional students) for further details.

Additional Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) Information

New and existing students who believe they are eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (CH33) program must complete an online application with the VA. The form requires that individuals currently eligible for another education benefit make an irrevocable choice between their existing program and the Post-9/11 GI Bill®. You will then receive a Certificate of Eligibility letter from the VA regarding your program eligibility. Once you receive this letter, you must submit a copy to the One Stop:

One Stop
101 Campus Avenue Building
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056


If you do not submit your Certificate of Eligibility to the One Stop, cancellation of your classes for nonpayment cannot be prevented if your funds have not been received from the VA by your bill’s due date.

Once you have submitted your Certificate of Eligibility and have completed your VA Education Benefits Request Form, your enrollment will be electronically certified with the VA. Your tuition will then be billed to the VA in the second or third week of classes. This is to ensure that the correct tuition and fees are submitted to the VA and to prevent overpayments being made to you that you would have to repay to the VA. This process does not prevent you from receiving an overpayment and possibly creating a balance due to the VA if you withdraw from a course before it’s completed.

To learn more about transferring the Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits to your spouse or dependent, you can review eligibility information at the VA’s Transfer of Post-9/11 Benefits to Dependents page.