Office of Undergraduate Education
The Office of Undergraduate Education serves as the university- and nation-wide advocate for innovative excellence in undergraduate student learning and teaching, providing leadership to achieve the highest quality of innovative teaching and learning and an integrated, developmental, inclusive, and engaged learning environment for students, faculty, and staff of Miami University.
To meet its mission, the OUE is guided by the following goals:
- Serve as the national model for innovative excellence in liberal education.
- Advance the most promising and transformative practices in liberal education, including writing as a signature competency for all Miami students as well as experiential learning, interdisciplinary study, civic and global engagement, creative and critical inquiry, and other forms of high-impact learning;
- Promote academic and personal success for a diverse undergraduate student community through a comprehensive learner-centered advising system, a nationally recognized honors program, global learning, and other academic support structures;
- Support faculty, student, and staff educators in advancing student learning through continuous reflection, efficient processes, and data-driven decision making.
The OUE is committed to:
- Innovation through engaged learning aligned with students’ development;
- Inclusion through honoring the perspectives, learning styles and needs of diverse students and faculty;
- Integrity through transparent communication and accountability; and
- Improvement through efficient and data-driven processes and continuous reflection.