First Year Student Advising

Students Who Have Declared a Major

If you have declared a major, you will be assigned a faculty advisor in your major after your first semester. This faculty member will be your advisor until you graduate or change majors. To find your faculty advisor's name and contact information:

  • Log in to myMiami.
  • Click your Student tab located near the top of the screen.
  • Your advisor will be listed in the top, right corner.

If you do not know the name of your faculty advisor after spring semester, you should contact your department of major.

Students in University Studies

The advisor you met at Summer Orientation will be your primary academic advisor until you declare a major. This advisor is either a faculty member who works with the University Studies program or is an academic advisor from the College of Arts and Science Advising Office. Your University Studies advisor will help you explore and set academic goals, and construct your plan of study.