Take Advantage of EHS Advising
How Academic Advisors Can Help
Many benefits come with meeting with an EHS Advisor regularly, such as:
- Understanding your Miami Plan requirements, academic policies and procedures, and your degree audit (formerly known as DARS).
- Receiving mentorship for educational and career goals.
- Exploring possible minors and other majors with someone familiar with your academic history.
- Connecting with other services and resources around campus.
How to Prepare for an Advising Session
The key to successful academic advising relies partly upon your initiative. The more questions you ask, the better informed your decisions will be. Before you make an advising appointment, you should:
- Give thoughtful consideration to your academic and career goals.
- Make a list of questions for your advisor.
- Review your degree audit and degree requirements.
- Compose a tentative, written schedule (if registering for courses).
- Be familiar with the academic calendars, including registration dates and drop-add deadlines.
Remember, part of your advisor's role is helping you find and navigate the path that is right for you; utilize this resource.
Please allow adequate time to schedule a live or remote academic appointment with your advisor, and make a note of your appointment type.
For remote advising appointments, access your Degree Audit Report and find a quiet place with reliable internet.
To find your degree audit, go to myMiami and log in using your Unique ID and MUnet password.