Campus Relocation

Campus Relocation

Miami University is a multi-campus school. Miami University has the following campuses:

  • Oxford (main) campus
  • Hamilton
  • Middletown
  • Voice of America
  • Greentree

Campus relocation happens when a Miami University student originally admitted to one campus decides to take the majority of coursework at a different Miami University campus.

Relocation Procedures

Students who wish to relocate must complete the following tasks:

  1. Verify eligibility. There may be requirements concerning credits, GPA, and coursework that must be met in order to be eligible to relocate to the new campus. Typically these requirements must be met before the term you wish to relocate.
  2. Complete necessary forms
    • Visit the One Stop and complete the application to relocate.
  3. Resolve all registration holds by connecting with necessary offices. Typically international students relocating campuses may have registration holds from the following offices:
    • Academic Advising
    • Health Services
    • International Student & Scholar Services
  4. Register for coursework. Please plan to take the majority of your coursework at your new campus.

How do I resolve my registration hold from ISSS?

Because your I-20 or DS-2019 form lists your primary campus, if you change your campus, you must update your form.

F-1 Student Procedures

  1. Login to your InterLink account

    1. Click on the blue login button. Login with your Miami unique ID and password.

    2. Navigate to “F-1 Student Services” located on the left side of the menu

  2. Submit an "Intercampus Transfer" request. 

    1. Please note you must provide recent proof of funding. View the Expense Chart for guidance—make sure to check the amount for your new campus of study!

J-1 Student Procedure

After you submit a complete request and we have reviewed it, your registration hold with ISSS will be lifted.

When will my new document be issued reflecting my change of campus?

ISSS will be able to update your I-20 or DS-2019 after the current term ends. You will be provided with shipping instructions if you have departed the U.S. If you are in the U.S., you may pick up your document at your convenience.