Work Injury/Workers' Compensation

No matter how careful we are, accidents do happen. If injured while working, you are covered under workers' compensation insurance through the state of Ohio.

If Injured at Work

  • Report the injury to your supervisor immediately.
  • Complete the Injury/Incident Report (PDF 285KB).
  • For minor injuries, seek treatment at the Employee Health Center or when closed, at Student Health Services.
  • Outside Health Services Center operating hours, follow-up treatment and/or physical therapy, may need outside referral.

If Outside Treatment is Needed

  • A claim must be filed with the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. 
  • To file a claim, call Sedgwick Health Systems at 1-888-247-4800.
  • For a list of treating providers in the area, please contact Sedgwick Health Systems.  
  • The nearest occupational health center is Ross Urgent Care. 

2449 Ross-Millville Road
Hamilton, Ohio 45013

Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Returning to Work

  • Transitional work, sometimes referred to as “light duty,” is an interim step in the physical recovery of an employee who suffers an occupational or a non-occupational injury or illness that prevents the employee from working in his/her current position.
  • Transitional work is designed to use job tasks or a combination of tasks and functions that an individual with work restrictions may safely perform.
  • Transitional work assignments are offered to those employees who have supplied Human Resources with temporary work restrictions.
  • An employee may continue in the transitional work program for up to twelve weeks.