Service+ is an AmeriCorps program hosted by the Center for Social Impact at Miami University Regionals. More than just a volunteer opportunity, Miami University students enhance their workforce and leadership skills while having a direct impact in advancing the critical mission of their nonprofit host site. Students serving as AmeriCorps members in Service+, who are known as change agents, receive monthly participant support payments, an educational award, and endless professional development opportunities.
What are the student benefits?
AmeriCorps can set you up for a bright future in your career by providing:
- $4,500 participant support
- $1,718 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
- Opportunity to make a social impact
- Hands-on work experience
- Relationships with peers with similar passions
- Leadership skills and professional development
- Valuable networking and AmeriCorps alumni opportunities
Where Can I Serve?
Change agents are required to complete 450 hours of service. This equates to 11-18 hours a week comprising of:
- 11-16 hours of weekly service at your host site depending on your service commitment
- 15 cohort training sessions focused on professional development and team building
- 2 National Day of Service celebrations
- A current student at Miami University with at least 12 credit hours by the start of the Fall semester.
- Must complete a minimum of six credits for both Fall and Spring semesters.
- U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the United States.
- At least 18 years of age with no upper age limit.
- Meet all eligibility requirements.
- Capacity for a full academic year commitment.
- Reliable transportation and ability to commute to a host site in Butler County.
- Actively participate in cohort training and National Day of Service Celebrations.