Campus Safety and Security
Miami is committed to maintaining a safe learning environment for all students and members of the university community. While Miami's campus is relatively safe, crime does occur on campus. Each member of the university community has a responsibility to contribute to the well-being of the community. Everyone must participate in crime prevention efforts and develop good personal safety habits, including the following:
- Lock your apartment or residence hall doors.
- Don't prop open residence hall exterior doors and don't let people you don't know into the halls.
- Report any suspicious activity to Miami Police (or off campus to Oxford police).
- Secure your personal property.
- Walk in groups at night.
- Be aware of your surroundings and avoid areas with which you are not familiar.
- Use one of the following Nighttime Door-to-Door campus escort services:
Register with the Miami Emergency Text Messaging System at http://www.units.muohio.edu/police/services-offered/emergency-text-messaging-system to receive emergency text notification in situations on campus that pose immediate danger.