Regulatory Affairs Minor

Dr. Yousefi talking with two students about the research they are conductingRegulatory Affairs professionals are employed within the healthcare industry - pharmaceutical, medical device, biotechnology, government, legal, and clinical research.

The Regulatory Affairs minor pairs well with a degree in biology, engineering, pharmacology, microbiology, biochemistry, kinesiology, chemistry, or any healthcare degree.

What do they do?

Ensures their company complies with all regulations and laws and assist in obtaining government approval for company’s products work with federal, state, and local agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) oversees how products are developed, tested, manufactured and distributed to meet regulations and laws stay current on legislation and guidelines give strategic advice on legal and scientific product requirements

Job Opportunities

Regulatory Affairs Professionals can work at:

  • Medical device companies
  • Pharmaceutical companies
  • Biotechnology
  • Government agencies
  • Consulting agencies
  • Food and Drug Administration

Median salaries for regulatory affairs professionals in the United States (from

  • Regulatory Affairs Specialist I $62,400
  • Regulatory Affairs Specialist II $82,300
  • Regulatory Affairs Specialist III $93,200
  • Regulatory Affairs Specialist IV $113,000

Professional certification is available and may be required for advancement Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC)

Industry Resources

Regulatory Affairs

Regulatory Affairs Curriculum