P-Card Policy

The following policy governs use of University Purchasing Cards (P-Cards). For quick access to common P-Card resources, visit P-Card.

Miami's Purchasing Card (P-Card) Program is designed to create a more efficient and cost effective procurement process for limited dollar purchases from vendors that accept Visa. This program is the preferred form of payment for such transactions and will allow the cardholder and authorized users to purchase approved commodities and services directly from vendors. Each P-Card is issued to a University employee who will be responsible for its proper use, including compliance with other purchasing policies. The P-Card is not tied to your personal credit records: it can neither hurt nor help your personal credit.

The policy information below governs P-Card usage. See P-Card for quick access to key resources.


The Miami P-Card is a Bank of America Visa credit card to be used for making individual small dollar purchases in accordance with policy guidelines as described herein. The P-card program is the primary method for conducting most routine purchases for departmental use, including travel. The primary goals in offering the program are as follows:

  • It is a convenient and efficient way to purchase goods and services under $1,500 per transaction.
  • It can be used to purchase goods and services in person, by phone, fax, mail, and via the internet.
  • The P-Card should be used to pay for most purchases under $1500 that are otherwise paid by purchase order or direct pay request.
  • The P-card should be used to process payment for travel, excluding meals, for University business.

As a tax exempt organization, Miami is not required to pay sales tax in Ohio and certain other states. Its assigned tax exemption number is clearly marked on the P-Card. Refer to Accounting's Tax Exemption Forms for a list of other states in which Miami is tax exempt.

The P-Card is not to be used for on campus purchases (e.g., Bookstore, Dining, Ticket Office, etc.). These purchases should be charged (via a journal entry) directly to the department by the cashier at the point of sale.

Types of Cards

Travel P-Card

Miami’s Travel P-Card is the preferred method to pay for authorized travel expenses when an university employee travels multiple times per year.  Travel P-Cards limit the types of purchases to travel-related vendors and cannot be used for general business purchases or conference registration (as those described under Business P-Card).  Travel P-Cards are issued in the individual employee’s name and are not to be shared with any other employee/faculty member.  The Travel P-Card will have a single transaction limit of no greater than $1500 and a monthly limit of $10,000.  

Examples of travel related merchants include, but are not limited to:

  • Airlines
  • Hotels
  • Car Rentals
  • Taxis
  • Airport Terminals
  • Tolls
  • Gas stations and some convenience stores (only for gasoline when a rental car is used)
  • Restaurants (only when hosting for business-related meetings and entertainment pertinent to university business)
  • Parking

Business P-Card

Business P-Cards are intended for general low-cost purchases on items to conduct Miami University business such as small purchases, professional dues, hosting, etc.  Business P-Cards can also be used for Travel related purchases.  Business P-Cards are issued in the individual employee’s name and are not to be shared with any other employee/faculty member.  This type of P-Card will have a single transaction limit of no greater than $1500 and a monthly limit of $10,000.  

The P-Card is not to be used for on campus purchases (e.g., Bookstore, Dining, Ticket Office, etc.).  These purchases should be charged (via journal entry) directly to the department by the cashier at the point of sale. 

Departmental P-Card

  • Departmental P-cards are used for purchases that are necessary for departmental operations and business purpose.
  • Departmental P-Cards are issued in department’s name and the name of the employee who is assigned to be a Departmental P-Card holder and is administratively responsible for the card.
  • The Departmental P-Card holder must be familiar with and adhere to the University purchasing and P-Card policies.
  • The Department Head along with the Departmental P-Card holder are responsible for the oversight of the proper usage of the Departmental P-Card.
  • The Departmental P-Card must always be stored in a secure place.
  • The Departmental P-Card can be shared with other employees within a department so long as the use is approved by the person responsible for approving the P-Card transactions.
  • If the Departmental P-Card is used by an individual other than the Departmental P-Card holder, the transfer of custody must be recorded on the Tracking Log. [Sample Tracking Log] The P-Card holder is responsible for maintaining the Tracking Log.
  • The Departmental Tracking Log is required to be retained in the department for 5 years from the last date of activity on the log as required by the retention policy for all P-Card related documents.  The Departmental Cardholder must keep the logs in a secure location.
  • Accounts Payable may perform random audits of the Departmental Tracking Logs to ensure proper recording of card activity.  The Departmental Cardholder will be responsible for providing the logs upon request.
  • The department affiliate (employee) is responsible for the security and safeguard of the Departmental P-Card while in their possession and returning all of the required documentation for the purchases made while the card is in their possession.
  • All users of the Departmental-Card must provide receipts and supporting documentation to the P-Card holder upon return of the P-Card.
  • The Departmental P-Card holder is responsible for reconciliation of all transactions and ensuring receipts and supporting documentation are collected.
  • The Departmental P- Card holder has the authority to deny usage of the card.
  • Departmental P-Cards cannot be taken on a trip and be used by employees while traveling.


The advantages of using the Miami P-Card are:

  • The time spent by all parties processing purchase orders and direct pay requests is greatly reduced.
  • Most transactions are insured.
  • Postage and mailing costs are reduced.
  • Card users have the opportunity for discounts on internet orders.
  • The processing of paperwork is substantially reduced.
  • Orders can be placed, filled and shipped in a timely manner.
  • Reduces the need to use personal funds for "rush" orders.
  • Ability to view and monitor transactions electronically daily, weekly, or monthly.
  • There is a financial benefit to the University.

Getting Started: Card Application and Activation

When the need for a P-Card is identified, the potential cardholder should obtain a P-Card Application.

After the application is completed and all appropriate signatures have been obtained, it should be returned to the Accounts Payable Department (107 Roudebush) or emailed (accountspayable@miamioh.edu) for processing. Once the requested card is received from the bank by Accounts Payable, the applicant will be contacted to establish a mandatory online training session for the cardholder.

During this training, individuals will learn about:

  • Card information
  • Card capabilities, limitations, restrictions and violations
  • Recordkeeping, scanning receipts and statement reconciliation
  • Sales tax exemption
  • Disputed charges
  • Card activation
  • Lost or stolen cards
  • Forms
  • Customer support contacts

After prospective cardholders complete their online training session they can pick up their P-Card in the Accounts Payable office. Upon arrival, the cardholder will have to sign a Cardholder Agreement and will be given instructions on activation.

Capabilities, Limitations, Restrictions, and Violations


P-Cards are issued in the name of a University employee and are to be used for departmental purchases or for University approved travel only, excluding meals.

The P-Card can be used to purchase most of the same goods and services that can be obtained using a direct pay or purchase order, provided the product is not controlled or regulated by a government entity, such as the purchase of volatile or hazardous chemicals. Purchases controlled and/or regulated by a governmental entity, or not permitted per University policy, must be made using an on-line requisition.

Cardholders may use the card to make purchases in person at a merchant site, to place orders over the phone, and to place mail, fax, and internet orders.


Each P-Card has a single transactions limit ($1,500 default) and a monthly limit ($10,000 default). If the cardholder exceeds any of these limits, the transaction will be denied.

If an individual's usage experience indicates that limits other than the defaults listed above should be set, complete the P-Card Increase form and submit it for review.


Items that are not permitted on the P-Card are:

  • Capital Equipment (Capitalized exceeding $5,000.00)
  • Furniture, Furnishings, Carpet, Window Treatments
  • Desktop computers, laptops, servers, monitors/displays, printers, and network equipment (see section 4 of purchasing handbook).
  • Telecommunications equipment and devices
  • Business Cards, Letterheads, Envelopes
  • Items available in University Stores or Office Supply Room
  • Building Repair, Paintings, Renovation/Remodeling
  • Payment of Independent Contractors, Consultants, Speakers, etc.
  • Contracting for Temporary Employment Services
  • Reimbursements to or Purchases from University Employees
  • Meals during travel status which must be reimbursed via travel expense reporting, with the exception only for hosting

The Director of Purchasing may authorize one or more of the above restrictions for certain cardholders/departments/ whose duties include specifying and procuring that commodity for the University. Any such authorization must be in writing and made in advance of the transaction.

Cash advances are not permitted on the P-Card. Furthermore, cardholders cannot personally benefit through any type of rewards program associated with the P-Card (e.g., frequent flyer miles, Kroger Points).

Gifts are not permitted on the P-Card. Gifts are considered a personal purchase and must be paid with an employee's own personal funds.

If a cardholder has a legitimate transaction which cannot be made due to the restrictions, contact Accounts Payable and a determination will be made on how to proceed.

Violations (Prohibited Transactions)

The following are examples of violations of the P-Card program:

Personal Purchases

Defined as anything that is not purchased for use and ownership by the University. It is a violation of the University P-Card program to make any personal purchase or personal transaction with a University P-Card. Fraudulent use or abuse of the P-Card will result in immediate suspension of privileges and may result in corrective action up to and including termination and/or criminal action. In addition, the University will seek restitution for any inappropriate charges.

Unauthorized Purchases

Defined as purchases of goods or services with State funds that may not be used to further the legitimate government purpose of the buying entity. This is clearly a violation of State purchasing law and the violator's card will be revoked.

Cash or Cash-Type Transactions

Defined as cash, cash in addition to purchase, and cash in lieu of credit for return or exchange of a purchase. It is a violation of the University P-Card program to obtain cash or conduct cash-type transactions using the University P-Card.

Tracking Violations

The violations listed previously are tracked on a monthly basis and regularly reviewed. When needed, follow-ups are conducted with cardholders and/or card managers. Please see the chart below for the steps taken for violations.

Violation Tracking by Occurrence
Violation Occurrence Failure to Reconcile Failure to Approve
First Notification email sent to cardholder and reconciler Notification email sent to approver
Second Notification email sent to cardholder, reconciler, and cardholders manager Notification email sent to approver and approvers manager
Third Notification email sent to cardholder, reconciler, cardholders manager, and the managers manager Notification email sent to approver, approvers manager, and manager of approvers manager
Fourth Card is suspended, approval required for future use, mandatory process review Card is suspended, approval required for future use, mandatory process review
Fifth P-Card privileges are permanently suspended P-Card privileges are suspended

Travel Expenses

The P-Card is the recommended and preferred method to pay for authorized travel expenses. The following rules apply:

  • Airline tickets for University employees must be purchased on a P-Card.
  • Any personal charges on the hotel bill (e.g. meals, personal calls, in-room movies, spouse or accompanying guest charges) should be paid on a personal credit card or out-of-pocket at checkout.
  • Other related expenses that must be purchased on a P-Card, are conference registration fees(unless travel only card), hotel/lodging/meeting rooms for official University travel/business, car rental and refueling the rental car.

Reporting of travel expenses charged on a P-Card must be included on the individual's Travel Expense Report as a non-reimbursable item. See Travel and Expense for additional information.

Record Keeping

Issuance and use of a P-Card requires the cardholder to maintain card purchase records and individual receipts for each transaction. Records should be kept on a monthly basis coinciding with the individual card billing cycle. Individual itemized receipts must be obtained from the supplier for each purchase. Once supporting documentation is uploaded into Chrome River and attached to expense lines, hard copies of documents are no longer required to be stored for retention purposes. Electronic images of receipts and other supporting documentation stored in Chrome River are sufficient for reconciliation purposes and retention.

As public employees under the laws of the state of Ohio it is extremely important that the department cardholders obtain an itemized record of the transaction, from charge slips, cash register tapes, itemized invoice or other receipts for all purchases. In some instances, the vendor receipt does not itemize the transaction, and in such instances a more complete receipt is required. In the event that an individual charge slip and/or cash register receipt is lost, a Missing Receipt Affidavit shall be completed and certified by the purchaser and approved by the department head. For large purchases, the department may be required to obtain duplicate copies, with the costs of obtaining such paid for by the department. Repetitive incidents of lost sales slips may result in revocation of card privileges for the individual.


Each P-Card holder assumes responsibility for complete, timely and accurate recording of University expenditures. Therefore, timely reconciliation of charges is critical. All transactions are to be reconciled in the Chrome River system by the cardholder or delegate by the 10th of the reconciling month and approved by the approver or approval delegate by the 15th of the reconciling month pertaining to the cycle dates. Please see the chart below for cycle dates and reconciling months that correspond.

BoA Visa FY21 Cycle Begin Date End date
July-2020 7/1/2020 7/31/2020
Aug-2020 8/1/2020 8/31/2020
Sep-2020 9/1/2020 9/30/2020
Oct-2020 10/1/2020 10/30/2020
Nov-2020 10/31/2020 11/30/2020
Dec-2020 12/1/2020 12/31/2020
Jan-2021 1/1/2021 1/29/2021
Feb-2021 1/30/2021 2/26/2021
Mar-2021 2/27/2021 3/31/2021
Apr-2021 4/1/2021 4/30/2021
May-2021 5/1/2021 5/31/2021
Jun-2021 6/1/2021 6/30/2021 

Failure to reconcile by the deadline will result in a violation and possible card suspension or cancellation.

The cardholder whose name is on the card is ultimately responsible for reconciliation regardless of using delegate or not. In the event when the P-Card holder fails to reconcile their P-Card charges in a timely manner, contact will be made in accordance with the violation policy.

P-Card transactions are loaded into Chrome River from Bank of America daily. Therefore, reconciliation can be started as soon as transactions are visible in the Credit Card portion of the eWallet in Chrome River.

To reconcile in Chrome River, the P-Card holder must create an expense report (click “+New/New Expense Report” in the top right-hand corner by cardholder name). Report has to be named accordingly and data has to be entered in all required fields to classify report as a Business P-Card report or Travel P-Card report. Once the report is created, cardholder expenses can be added to the report from the Credit Card portion of the eWallet in Chrome River.

Finally, the report has to be submitted for approval. If the report was created by the cardholder delegate, it will be routed back to the cardholder for the final review and approval. After cardholder approves the report, it will be routed to the approver or approval delegate.

For cardholders with a high volume of transactions throughout the month’s cycle, it is highly encouraged to reconcile on a weekly basis or whichever time period fits your business practice most efficiently, reconciling by the deadline. For those who make fewer transactions within the cycle, it is suggested reports be created monthly or as soon as transactions appear in the Credit Card portion of the eWallet in Chrome River or whichever time period fits your business practice most efficiently, reconciling by the deadline.

If transactions are not reconciled by the established deadlines, the transaction(s) will default to the index provided by the cardholder on the P-Card application. After expenses are recorded to the default index, no changes to the index can be made in the Chrome River system. A journal voucher can be created through General Accounting if changes need to be made.

It is the responsibility of the cardholder to disclose the following business details on any and all purchase documents.

  • Who: The party who is the ultimate end user
  • What: A reasonable item description of items or services purchased
  • When: The date in which the item is purchased or the service is rendered. (I.e. conference date, or project start date)
  • Where: The location where business event or business purchase took place
  • Why: A reasonable description of the business purpose and reason for the item to be purchased or the services acquired
  • Invoice/Policy #: Include if applicable


The department chair/director and cardholder are responsible for the security and the appropriate use of their assigned card. The card is issued in the employee's name and it will be assumed that any purchases made against the card have been properly authorized unless the card is reported lost or stolen prior to use. Use of the card not in accordance with University policies and procedures, or failure of the cardholder or his/her designee to properly account for purchases and reconcile the statement in a timely manner each month, may result in card revocation, personal liability to the University, and/or disciplinary action.

Should a cardholder terminate employment with the University or transfer between departments, the user department has the specific obligation to reclaim the credit card and return it to Accounts Payable prior to the employee's termination date.

Tax Information

Ohio Sales Tax Miami is a tax-exempt, State-supported university. In Ohio, no sales tax should be charged on the P-Card, with the exception of Federal Excise Tax. Merchants should be informed of our tax-exempt status at the time of transaction. Merchants may request a copy of Miami's Tax Exemption Certificate for their files. See Accounting's Tax Exemption Forms to access a copy of this certificate, which may be reproduced, faxed, mailed or e-mailed as needed.

Miami is not always considered tax-exempt in other states. Certain taxes assessed by cities (tourist assessments) are legitimate and will be paid by the University. If there is uncertainty about a specific tax charges, refer to Accounting's Tax Exemption Forms or contact Accounts Payable.

If sales tax is inadvertently charged to the P-Card, it is the cardholder's responsibility to contact the vendor and have them issue a credit for the tax amount.

Disputed Charges

If any questionable transactions appear on the cardholder's account for which there is no information, or if the amount does not match receipts, contact the merchant listed regarding the disputed transaction. If the merchant agrees that an error was made, the merchant will make an adjustment which will post as a credit to the account. The cardholder must review and approve the adjustment received (credit) on the website in the same Index and account code of which it was originally charged.

If the merchant does not agree to make an adjustment, the transactions should be disputed in Works within 60 days of the post date. Bank of America will then investigate the transaction. Be aware that they may contact the cardholder for further information. If a dispute needs to be made after 60 days, the cardholder will need to contact Bank of America at 1-800-673-1044. Transactions must be disputed within 110 days of the post date. It is the responsibility of the cardholder to dispute erroneous transactions in accordance with the process described above.

Lost or Stolen Card

The P-Card is the property of Miami University and should be protected and secured just like any other credit card. If the individual transfers to a different department or has any changes in the information supplied on the original card application, they should notify Accounts Payable immediately. In most instances, a new card will be required. Departments are also responsible for notifying Accounts Payable regarding the transfer or termination of employees who are cardholders.

If a card is lost or stolen, it is the responsibility of the cardholder to contact Bank of America to report the card lost or stolen. If unauthorized purchases are made as a result of the card being lost or stolen, the cardholder will not be held responsible if the situation is reported in a timely manner.

If a card is believed to be misplaced, the cardholder should notify Bank of America Bank Card Services at 1-866-500-8262. A temporary hold can be placed on the card to prevent further transactions until the status of the card is determined. If the card is later found and a report of transactions shows that it has not been used fraudulently, the hold can easily be removed by notifying Accounts Payable. If the card is not found, Bank of America will cancel the card and issue a new one.

If the card is stolen in the evening or on the weekend, please contact Bank of America Bank Card Services at 1-866-500-8262 to cancel the card and request a new card. The cardholder will be contacted when the new card arrives. It will be the responsibility of the cardholder to pick up the card in the Accounts Payable Office, 107 Roudebush Hall.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the purpose of the Purchasing Card (P-Card) Program?

Miami's Purchasing Card (P-Card) Program is designed to create a more efficient and cost-effective procurement process for limited dollar purchases up to $1,500 from vendors that accept Visa.

What type of P-Cards are available?

  • Travel P-Card - can be used to process payment for travel related expenses, excluding meals.
  • Business P-Card - primary method for conducting most routine small purchases up to $1,500, including travel.
  • Departmental P-Card - a card that is managed by one designated P-Card Holder, but can be shared with other approved users within the same department.

What kind of items can be Purchased with a P-Card?

  • Travel P-Cards are limited to purchases only from vendors who are directly linked to travel activities (i.e. hotels, airfare, etc.).
  • The P-Card (Business P-Card and Departmental P-Card) can be used to purchase the same items as the Travel P-Cards plus items such as conference registrations, professional organization memberships, subscriptions, etc.
  • Necessary purchases must follow Miami policies and be made with reasonable judgement and appropriate approval.
  • A list of items that are not permitted to be purchased with a P-Card is available on the Accounts Payable website under P-Card Policy: Capabilities, Limitations, Restrictions and Violations.

Can a University P-Card be used to pay Independent Contractors?

P-Cards cannot be used to pay for services provided by Independent Contractors, Consultants, Speakers, etc. Additional information for payments to Individuals can be found on the Accounts Payable web page under the link: Paying Individuals

Who can request a P-Card?

  • All University employees (except undergraduate students) are eligible for a P-Card, and have to complete a P-Card application to request a P-Card.
  • An employee’s department evaluates the need for a P-Card, and approves the application.
  • P-Card Applications are reviewed and processed by Accounts Payable.
  • Department Heads are responsible for designation of the duties and responsibilities of Departmental P-Card holders.

Can a cardholder share individual P-Cards with other employees of the University?

  • Individual Business P-Cards and Travel P-Cards cannot be shared. By Miami’s policy, each cardholder is responsible for all transactions performed with their card.
  • Departmental P-Cards can be shared as long as:
    • The Departmental Cardholder oversees the secure keeping and maintenance of the card in accordance with the Departmental P-Card Policies
    • The Departmental P-Card is properly checked in and out using the Departmental Tracking Log
    • All policies and procedures in accordance with P-Card use are followed by the Departmental Cardholder and Authorized Users who check out the card.

What is the definition of a spending profile?

  • A P-Card spending profile has two components: a monthly spending limit and a single transaction limit.
  • Our standard spending profile is $10,000 (monthly spending limit) / $1,500 (single transaction limit).
  • The standard spending profile is the same for individual and departmental P-Cards.

Can the spending profile be changed?

  • If there is a need to pay for a group travel or items over $1,500, a cardholder will need to complete a P-Card Increase Request Form. The form is available on the Accounts Payable website under Forms. A completed and approved form should be submitted via email to accountspayable@MiamiOH.edu.
  • It is important to remember that P-Cards are designed for purchasing small dollar value items. In certain instances, the spending profile change request may require approval of the Office of Strategic Procurement.
  • The requester will need to specify the period of time for the spending profile increase. Spending profiles will automatically revert back to the standard profile after the end of period specified in the P-Card Increase Request form.
  • A spending profile will only be changed after all necessary approvals are obtained.

I only have one or two hosting events per year. Do I need to request a P-Card?

  • If an employee has only one or two hosting events per year, they are not required to have a P-card. They may request to use a Departmental P-Card for hosting events.
  • If an employee incurs business related expenses only once or twice a year, they can use a Departmental P-Card. As the last option, employees can use a personal credit card and submit a request for reimbursement. However, the Miami P-Card is the recommended method to pay for University related travel and business expenses.
  • Regardless of the type of the card used, all purchases must be approved by the authorized approvers before payment is made.

Can I buy a laptop or other technology equipment with my P-card?

No. Desktop computers, laptops, servers, monitors/displays, printers, and network equipment are not permitted to be purchased with any P-Cards (see Purchasing Handbook and contact the Office of Strategic Procurement for additional questions).

Can I buy software or cloud services with my P-Card?

  • Prior to making any Software or Cloud service purchases, please visit IT Contract Review and Risk Management Process
  • Software may be purchased using your PCard as long as all guidelines set forth by IT Services regarding software are followed.

Will my P-Card purchases be monitored or reviewed?

  • Yes. Your approver (or delegate) must sign off on all purchases. Also, your purchase activity will be audited by Accounts Payable and Internal Audit and Consulting Services.
  • Business expenses and reports are subject to periodic review by the Accounts Payable department for compliance with all applicable policies.

How do Departmental P-Cards work?

  • Departmental P-Cards can be shared with other employees for conducting business locally (this includes booking travel reservations online and other online purchases).
  • All users who check out the Departmental P-Card are responsible for adhering to all P-Card purchasing policies.
  • Departmental P-Cards can be issued only to individuals who are responsible for making purchases on behalf of their department.
  • The Departmental Cardholder must know the P-Card and Procurement policies and keep complete records of all payments for audit purposes.
  • The Departmental Cardholder is responsible for maintaining the Departmental Tracking Log when the card is checked out for use by others.
  • Receipts must be provided to the Departmental Cardholder upon return of the Departmental P-Card for reconciliation purposes in Chrome River.
  • Cards cannot be checked out for out-of-town or overnight travel.

How do I reconcile my P-Card transactions?

  • All P-Card transactions are transmitted daily to the Chrome River system under the cardholder’s name. (Departmental P-Card transactions are transmitted to the Departmental Cardholder’s name in Chrome River).
  • The cardholders can reconcile transactions themselves or assign a delegate to prepare a reconciliation report on their behalf.
  • After a reconciliation report is prepared, the report will be routed to the cardholder for review and approval.
  • All transactions must be approved by a Designated Approver (Supervisor).

Where do I find the P-card policy?

The P-card policy is available at P-Card Policy

Is P-Card training available online?

  • P-Card training (Policy Overview video) is available online on Canvas.
  • Training is also available for Reconcilers and Approvers.

Is Chrome River training available?

  • Chrome River has a number of videos that can help P-Card holders learn how to create an expense report. (While in Chrome River, click on your name in the upper right corner, then click on Help. This will take you to Chrome River’s library of helpful videos and resources.)
  • Group training is available on demand. Send requests to accountspayable@MiamiOH.edu

How can I use the Tax-Exempt Certificate?

The cardholder should always inform the merchants that the purchase is tax exempt before the purchase is made. Tax exempt certificates are available on the Office of the Controller website under General Accounting/Tax Compliance.

Can a P-Card be used for on-campus purchases?

A P-card cannot be used to make purchases at Dining facilities, the Miami Bookstores, or other internal vendors. Use an inter-departmental transfer to make purchases on-campus. See the Purchasing Policy on Strategic Procurement’s website.

Can I buy flowers for a coworker with my P-Card?

  • Flowers, items of a personal nature, and celebrations that are not work related (Birthdays, Weddings, Births, etc.) can NOT be purchased from discretionary funds. Flowers for funerals can be purchased from discretionary accounts if done with prudence.
  • The President's and Vice-President's Offices purchase funeral flowers on behalf of the University community for current faculty, staff, students, faculty and staff holding emeriti rank, and current or former board members.