Medical Withdrawal

A student may request a Medical Withdrawal (MW) from Miami University for physical health or psychological reasons if during the course of an academic term (Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer) he or she suffers from a condition that prevents him/her from meeting the expectations of a student (e.g. unable to attend classes, unable to complete academic responsibilities, etc.) for an extended period of time during that term. The severity and duration of the problem must be such that it would not be reasonable to expect the student to be able to make up the missed work. Requests for an MW must be made in writing by the student to the Office of the Dean of Students and must be supported by a licensed health professional.

More information about the Medical Withdrawal and how to request one. Questions can be directed to 513-529-1877.